This aspect completely rules my life. It’s my food, my water, my electricity, my air, my land that I walk on and the sea that I swim in. My life revolves on this tomato sauce which is the base that I would use first on my pizza bread before putting on any more toppings. It’s the only relationship that I feel is the base before you make any more relationships.
I believe if you can’t be a good friend, then you can’t be a good father, mother, brother, sister, husband, fiancée etc. It’s the foundation and a brick wall for every relationship.
Everyone has their own description of a “true friend”. Each one of us has a clear picture on what an ideal friendship is according to them. This is my picture of what friends and friendship is all about:
1. A friend to me is someone whom I can be myself with, without having to pretend to be someone whom I am not.
2. A friend to me is someone with whom I can have the conversation about any god damn thing in this world without realizing the time on the clock.
3. A friend to me is someone with whom, I say exactly what I want to say; someone with whom I don’t need to choose my words – and who understands that this is who I am.
4. A friend to me is someone, who would sit down and talk and communicate with me and explain very practically about why he/she feels I would be doing something wrong.
5. A friend to me is someone who doesn’t judge me as a person, just because I am unable to get along with my parents or spouse.
6. A friend to me is someone who believes in my judgment and gives me that space to make my mistakes and helps me correct the same.
7. A friend to me is someone who gives me that sense of comfort and a feeling of security in the relationship that no matter if anyone tries to influence him/her against it – nothing would hamper this relationship.
8. A friend to me is someone who never gives up on you and your strengths – becomes a walking talking positive idol, who speaks positivity when you are feeling negative.
9. A friend to me is someone who will defend me in front of strangers and slap me when alone if I did something wrong.
10. A friend to me is someone who believes in the relationship of friendship.
I hereby very confidently state, that the above are not my check list for making new friends but something that I will be to all my worthy friends who have given me all of the above and make my friendship with them something with which I would always want to live by.
Raise a Toast to say Cheers to the most beautiful relationship in this whole world – Friendship.